What is Mid-Cities Serves Teachers?
At Mid-Cities we love our community! The Permian Basin is full of growth, opportunity, and expansion; but we also know that with that growth, comes many challenges. One of those challenges is in the area of education. Overcrowding and a high cost of living make it difficult for our teachers who have dedicated their lives to educating young people. We also know that many teachers end up going into their own pocket to make sure their students have the supplies and classroom amenities necessary for a productive learning environment. To help with this challenge, we have launched a program called, “Mid-Cities Serves Teachers.” This program aims to alleviate some of the personal financial burdens on teachers by providing reimbursement (up to $500) for qualified classroom supplies that they normally have to pay out of their own pocket. This reimbursement program is available to any public school teacher who calls Mid-Cities their home church and/or teaches at one of the schools we've adopted (Odessa - Hays, Midland - Scharbauer, and Rusk).
What is the reimbursement limit?
Each eligible teacher can be reimbursed up to $500 for approved classroom supplies. Any amount over the $500 limit will be the responsibility of the teacher.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Public school teachers who call Mid-Cities their home church.
- Must have completed Mid-Cities 101 (or equivalent past membership classes, I.e. ConnectFour, Foundations First, etc.)
- Teachers will be required to upload a picture of their school ID
- Hays STEAM Academy
- Scharbauer Elementary
- Rusk Elementary
What supplies are covered?
Each reimbursement request will be going through an approval process run by a team of current and former teachers. Items on the following list will be approved in most cases.
- General Student Supplies Crayons, glue, paper, markers, pencils, wipes, etc.
- General Teacher Supplies: Pencil sharpeners, staplers, copy paper, cardstock, printer ink, containers, etc.
- Classroom Technology: Headphones, CD Player, Kindles, Software, Printers, etc.
- Classroom Furniture: Bean bags, stools, bookshelves, lamps, rugs, pillows, storage
- Classroom Incentive Items: Treasure box items, small toys, candy, stickers, etc.
- Curriculum Resources: TPT, Scholastic, classroom books, etc.
- Hands-On Learning Resources: Manipulatives, Legos, PBL/Makerspace, etc.
What if I have an idea for something that’s not on the list above?
If you have a desire to purchase items not listed above and want clarification as to whether or not it will be approved for reimbursed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include what you are purchasing, as well as how you plan to use it in your classroom.
When can I submit my receipts?
You are able to submit receipts through November 1, 2019. After that date, we will no longer be able to receive reimbursement requests.
How many times can I submit a reimbursement request form?
Each teacher may only submit a reimbursement request ONE TIME. Therefore, we encourage eligible teachers to save receipts and wait to submit their form until they have hit the $500 limit or have no more purchases to make.
I am ready to submit a reimbursement request form, what do I need to do?
CLICK HERE to complete and submit your reimbursement request form. You will need to upload your images and/or pdf’s of your receipts, as well as a picture of your school ID, so please have that ready.